Wednesday, April 8, 2009

distracted.


maybe it is the fact that im on spring break. or perhaps it may be the reality that i have sunk so deep into this slow and content life that i am having  a hard time pulling myself out. whatever the case may be, my attention span is at its absolute lowest it has ever been. and i wish i could say that it bothers me.

let me clarify... if we're talking about the attention i need to look at the ocean, or to sit on a bus, or to talk in spanish, or play with my host brother. if we're talking about the attention i need to wake up early and stay out late. or hang out with my host mom. or drink coffee. or have long conversations. or dream of the future..... well then, folks, i'm fine and dandy. but if we're talking about the attention span that i need to open one of my school books, to do one of my assignments, to start working on one of my projects for the three classes that i am taking this semester.... well then, folks, i am in trouble. 

case-in-point: i woke up early to start my project, have a book sitting on my lap right now, and decided to write this instead. uhoh. 

1 comment:

Jake said...

entertaining friends and family should always come before school.

always.